Modern Mill brings fresh innovation to the industry, pioneering a new generation of building materials so the world can create a more sustainable future.
Modern Mill’s leading product ACRE™ offers a fresh new take on beauty, sustainability, and durability.
This brand-new material is manufactured from upcycled rice hulls, a by-product of rice production, giving ACRE™ its amazing strength, water resistance and organic feel – making it virtually indistinguishable from real wood.
Perfect for the needs of an architect, artisan, builder and homeowner alike. It looks, feels and handles like real wood, but with less maintenance.
Available in Chicago, Seattle, Portland, Coeur d'Alene, Salt Lake City, St. George, Idaho Falls and Boise in the United States.
Available in Toronto, Canada.
- Resists water, weather, and pests
- No splintering or cracking
- Industry-leading Limited Lifetime guarantee, for a period of 80 years
- Look and feel of real wood, including realistic grain
- Easy to sand, stain, paint, rout, mill or digitally print
- Manufactured in the U.S.A. from upcycled rice hulls in a zero-waste facility
- Free of phenol, formaldehyde and adhesives
- 100% recyclable
- 4’ wide x 8’ length sheets standard, up to 20‘; custom dimensions available
- Thickness: 1/4”, 3/8”, 1/2”, 5/8”, 3/4”, 1”
- Available in sheets, trim, decking and siding
Easy to handle and install
- Lightweight yet strong and straight
- Can be processed with common woodworking tools
- Uniform texture and finish-ready edge throughout
- Accepts screws and nails easily with a flush finish
- Thermoformable, perfect for curved applications
- Easy to glue and bond