As a leading North American integrated wood products company, West Fraser produces a variety of sustainable softwood lumber products.
West Fraser's medium density fiberboard (MDF) is made from spruce and pine sawdust, which is refined into a dry pulp like material and combined with resin to be manufactured into various thicknesses and densities to meet every need.
Operating three medium denisty fiberboard plants, inlcuding Ranger Board and WestPine located in Western Canada, West Fraser's sawmilling operations provide the majority of materials for their panels, allowing for truly consistent quality. With state-of-the-art equipment and controls, West Fraser's medium denisty fiberboard panels meet the strictest of quality control standards for any project.
Available in Toronto, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, Kelowna, Victoria and Richmond in Canada.
EcoGold™ is a premium quality medium density fiberboard (MDF) panel, manufactured by WestPine MDF, which performs to the environmental specifications required for today’s market. Using 100% post industrial recylced fibre, EcoGold™ is ideal for projects that require exceptional strength, durability and flexability.
Why WestPine EcoGold™?
- Widely accepted panel that excels in laminating, painting and machining applications
- Large variety of panel sizes in thicknesses ranging from 2.5mm (1/8") to 3/4"
- First North American mill to be 100% NAF
- FSC® certified
Ranger Board is western softwood-based medium density fiberboard that is well known for its machining and painting capabilities. Ranger has a multi-opening press of 6' x 24', which enables the production of a wide range of thicknesses and densities from 3/8" through to 1 1/2".
- Well-known for its machining and painting capabilities
- Composed of 100% western white softwoods that have a consistent light sandy colour
- Allows for deep, detailed profiling and smooth machining for easier and better finishing
- The light colour of the MDF reduces colour show-through when painting
- FSC® certified